It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Tiny Triumphs

Patrick ate lettuce yesterday. Dh got him a sub and put lettuce on it by accident ( I normally order and just put a tomato on their ham sub. Anyway, he just casually said "well eat it anyway" and HE DID! Well he ate a couple of little pieces anyway. This is big, huge, definately celebratory stuff.

He's learning to swim. Slowly and it's scary for mum but it's definately happening. He still wears a life jacket but he's starting to lean foreward and put his face in the water. I still think he doesn't understand what drowning is though so it'll be a while before we take that life jacket off. Well I guess he can't wear it during swim lessons. Hmmm, this is gonna be a scary summer for me I think. I 'took the plunge' and signed him up but I'm going to have to go in the pool with him for sure to keep him safe.

He's even talking a bit more and listening just a tiny bit more. Actually it seems lately he's been doing everything a bit more/better.

He's really hit a learning spurt and I'm so happy. Obviously I'm prepared for the inevitable plateau but that's ok too. He's such a great little guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home