It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Such is life (with or without autism)

Given a choice between my online life and my real one....well I've been missing for a while so you can guess which I'd choose.

Yup. Things have been really busy around here. Not in a bad way. I even went 4 days without even turning on the computer without even realizing it. It felt wierd.

The funny thing is, I can't even tell you what's been going on. Cause it's nothing. Inconsequential stuff like eye appointments, parent-teacher interviews, teaching big brother how to read, volunteering at school, Beavers.....and it doesn't seem like it'll slow down soon. Next week they both have their annual ped checkups, Patrick has his monthly speech stuff with the therapist, and I think we're going up to the cottage.

Busy is good though. Not crazy/everynight/run off your feet busy but just living life and having fun with your family busy.

So this isn't so much an update as a "gee, sorry to have dissapeared like that" kind of post.

Something I am working on though and I'll post about in the future is restructuring. We're doing a lot of that in our daily lives. For example, exercise at x time, clean bathroom at y time, reading with big brother every night at z time....you get the idea. Patrick's life is pretty structured but somehow I forgot the rest of us. *silly grin*

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom without a manual said...

Hey, the choice is obvious!

If we get caught up on the blog and miss out on our real lives than what purpose does the blogging serve?

I blog to help myself help my son. (For ideas and my own sanity breaks.) But he is the focus and I agree that we all need to remember that sometimes.

So go enjoy your family!!!

Sat Mar 31, 09:31:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home