It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Nice

Said as I watched Patrick eat his daily Peanut Butter and Fruit spread sandwich 'cut in quarters with the squares'......"I love you Patrick!"

Said back to me with no prompting, no stopping his eating and no change in facial expression, "I love you too mom" as if he said it every day.

Heart swelling, tear inducing, euphoria creating moment I will never forget. Apparently a normal no-big-deal moment in the opinion of my darling little boy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Club 166 said...

Usually the down sides are compensated for by some very nice upsides, like you had today.

Enjoy the moment. And know that there will be many more.

Wed May 02, 04:47:00 PM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

Wow! That's all I have to say!

Sat May 05, 12:16:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Christine said...

Moments like that you carry with you forever!

Mon May 07, 06:59:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home