It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Boy Scouts

Patrick's worker can't come to Beavers with him this week. I think I'm going to send him without support and see what happens. The parents sit just outside in the foyer so I'd be there if he needed me but....I'm thinking this might be a good time to see what happens. Honestly, the only reason I send her is to protect him from all the "normal" kids in there who can't seem to behave to save their lives. The main leader has always encouraged me to just send him.

Also, teacher interviews are next week. I think I know what they're going to say but I suppose there could always be a surprise in there somewhere. Patrick is doing very well academically and the social stuff I know all about. I think she might mention again that Patrick hasn't been hearing everything she's saying. I know it's possible he's just tuning her out but it can't hurt to get his hearing tested just in case. Hmmm, not sure how that will go. Well, maybe if the tester is really understanding about the fact that his receptive language isn't so great yet...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Maddy said...

I'm never to sure about that much myself, how much is tuning out how much is distracted how much is just drone, drone boring...... how much is already tired out....

Thu Apr 02, 05:17:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home