It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's a great day to be alive...

You gotta sing when you read that post to get where I'm coming from today.

It's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes...

I'm laughing at myself as I type because I just don't know how to express the happiness inside me this past week. Patrick has been doing so well. He's talking more, using some sentences appropriately, and just all around behaving so much better than, say, a month or two ago.

We met with OT and Speech and they were both pretty impressed with him. He even sat for over an hour in the social worker's office while we chatted about how things are going. We had a great day together that day just the two of us.

Not much else to write about I guess. Just me grinning like an idiot over here. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah MKS I know the feeling.Worth more than a million dollars I reckon!

Your elation is palpable.

Just got one more thing to say. WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 26, 04:55:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Tara said...

Thanks for stopping by over at Coloring outside the lines. A hearty congratulations to you and Patrick!! It is a feeling like no other when we see bits and pieces coming together for our kids. Littleman also enjoys the pool and I have always thought it is a very good place for him to spend time, relaxing in the water.

Wed Jul 26, 06:59:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home