It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Following the crowd-My 10 things

Ok, so maddy over at http://whittereronautism.com challenged everyone http://whittereronautism.com/2008/08/15-years-in-a-nutshell-ish/
so here's my 10 things over 15 years post.

1. I graduated high school.
2. Went to college and graduated in Business Finance.
3. Between years 2 and 3 of college I married hubby who I was dating when I graduated high school.
4. Had a miscarriage right after college graduation, at about 12 weeks, and it really changed me personally and changed our relationship.
5. We have two boys, one is autistic, and they're both doing very well.
6. For a while I was very much into midwifery, especially consumer groups and supporting midwives. I once thought I might like to be one.
7. I havn't worked since I've had my boys, so I'm probably unemployable, but I do volonteer work when I can.
8. We moved out into a very rual area and, surprisingly, I love it. So do the kids (and hubby too since it was his idea).
9. I've recently learned I like to travel and see a lot of that in my future.
10. Last week I signed up to do the CIBC run for the cure (for breast cancer) and I think I might be insane. This week I took up running. *snort*

So, that's me in a nutshell. Wow, that sure doesn't seem very exciting, and 15 years has gone by really fast. Like Maddy I won't point out anyone in particular (all 3-4 of my regular readers *grin*) but if you want to do it, go for it!

3 Comments:

Blogger farmwifetwo said...

15yrs... admitting... age??? :)

1. Finished my BSc(Eng) (starting yr 5 - 44 credits, not the norm 40 needed to graduate - would be 15yrs ago)
2. Met and married the DH (3.5 yrs after the 1st date)
3. Took/Finished Business Accouting diploma
4. 2 kids w/ autism.
5. Moved from TO to the farm
6. Haven't worked either (books for farm, does that count??) since the boy were born
7. Started travelling - alone/boys, farm boys don't leave the farm easily.
8. Had a blog, stopped the blog.
9. Discovered the internet/email.
10. Have learned more about Autism than I ever wished to.

Mon Aug 04, 10:34:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Maddy said...

Yeah! What a good sharer [you both!] are. In theory I'd like to retrain in something or other so that if / when they all leave home or at least get bigger than I'll be all set to do something constructive in the employment department.

It's the 'what' of the retraining that has me flummoxed.
Cheers

Mon Aug 04, 01:31:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These lists are fun. It is amazing that we do so many things in 10 years!

Tue Aug 05, 07:51:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home