It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ouch and Thank Goodness

Well, I fell down the stairs and was absolutely sure I'd broken my ankle or my foot. Ouch. I managed to get the boys to a friend's house and get a ride to emergency. Not broken! But seriously hurt. So I'm on crutches and some lovely pain medication that somehow makes all my worries go away. Well except for the fact that I'm home for two more days alone before hubby (and his parents) show up for dinner Wednesday night. Did I mention my house is a mess because I was waiting to clean so the boys wouldn't mess it up again???

So I'm hobbling around cleaning and Patrick and older brother are both being extremely helpful. All I can say right now is that I'm sooooo happy we're pretty much out of the bolting stage.

Hopefully I'll be fine for the wedding on Saturday. Hubby laughed and said I was being naively optimistic.

5 Comments:

Blogger Niksmom said...

OUCH! I fell a few months back and really hurt my arm; I understand what you are going through. Hope it heals quickly and you enjoy the meds! ROFL

Tue Jul 15, 07:43:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Poor you! I hope your ok!

Wed Jul 16, 05:17:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Maddy said...

I thought we were over the bolting stage. I was wrong. I hope you're right.
Cheers

Wed Jul 16, 06:27:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. That must be quite painful. Get some rest and don't worry about the messy house.

Wed Jul 16, 07:31:00 AM 2008  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

Hoping that the medicine makes the housecleaning less annoying (that would have to be some good medicine, if you are like me)

Being over the bolting stage sounds very, very nice!

Best wishes with the ankle

Sun Jul 20, 01:27:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home