It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

That Sucks!

I know I sound like a teenager. And this post isn't really about autism (well, maybe a bit).

I'm trying to find someone/some people to watch my kids tonight. I've been trying for a week. First my respite worker cancelled the whole week (thus Patrick went to Beavers alone as reported in previous post). I called my mom....a short but sweet "no". And my next predicament is this.

I often split them up on purpose when asking for help. Wouldn't want to overload one poor individual with BOTH of them very often. I believe this would decrease the offers of assistance. I have one more phone call to make and I'm not hopeful.

So this is a vent, this is my whinging and complaining about the fact that I missed my parent's council meeting Thursday and I'll be keeping my bottom firmly planted at home tonight.

Missing hubby!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. I know your pain. I have just one child and it can be hard to find a sitter. I hope you find someone. Hugs.

Sat May 03, 08:10:00 PM 2008  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

Hope it worked out. i know I ask various people to watch my older son, but have only used two experienced sitters ever for the twins. And actually, the twins are usually easier, in the long run.

Wed May 21, 07:22:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home