It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

If at first you don't succeed....

My boys love to play outside. Which is wonderful and healthy, of course. The problem is the stress that it causes inside my head. I have to keep track of Patrick at all times and on four acres of land that can be difficult. I'm ALWAYS worried about losing him.

Today we went outside. I have a very sore back and am tired because Patrick was up with a nosebleed last night. But they really wanted to go out and play in this beautiful weather we've been having. So, I said yes.

Out we go. I find myself a spot in semi-shade...completely aware that I'll be up and running within seconds....minutes....hmmmm, this is different. They're sticking together. They're playing where I can see them. They...they....I can't believe it. We can sit outside and enjoy the day together.

...try, try again!

3 Comments:

Blogger kristina said...

Keep at it or rather, I hope you can stay under that shady spot! We don't have 4 acres to track Charlie over, though he would love that.

Sat Apr 19, 07:46:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Niksmom said...

Hope the trend continues!

Sat Apr 19, 03:21:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our yard is so tiny it is practically non existent. And I still worry about losing track of M! We don't live in the best area either so that adds to it. I guess whether you have lots of space or little space our kids require a lot of watching and it can be tiring and stressful.

Back pain is the worst. I have that a lot as well. I hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs.

Sun Apr 20, 09:07:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home