It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Adult Autistics

pp

I love listening to and talking to adult autistics. I love even more telling those around me that certain pieces of insight or information came from an autistic adult. It makes me feel a bit more secure in the decisions I make for my son.

My son will one day be an autistic adult. I can't wait to hear what he has to say then (that is not to say I don't enjoy hearing what he has to say as a child). I worry about the choices I make...but then most parents do, don't they?

My choice right now. Patrick has just asked if I would read him a story. It's about wibbly wobbly teeth and he has two of them.

I'll finish this entry later. Right now I'm going to read to my son. (And thoroughly enjoy it!)

(pp's added by Patrick, who often feels like there aren't enough P's in the world...another post perhaps?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there are no better people to learn from in regards to our kids. Very good!

Mon Mar 31, 08:30:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Casdok said...

I cant wait to hear what your son has to say to!!

I know what you mean, i run a drop in centre for adults. As my son dosnt speak it is fasinating to listen to others.

Tue Apr 01, 12:36:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Maddy said...

We favour a few other letters, but I think it's all alphabet soup at the end of the day.
Cheers

Fri Apr 11, 01:03:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home