It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Belated Valentines Day!

We don't really celebrate the day. It's Patrick's birthday for one. And honestly, hubby and I try to be "romantic" throughout the year so this one day just doesn't seem to be a big deal. Sometimes we plan a date a couple of days after...as an excuse for a date to be honest. And of course this year he's not even here.

Patrick had a fabulous day. The actual celebration is Sunday so I'll post pics after that. It's just a small family party. Should be fun though. Except I just heard we're expecting a Winter Storm Warning for that day. So I guess we'll see how that goes. His heart will be broken if everyone doesn't come so...I dunno...can I pray for the storm to miss us?

On a side note, I spoke with the LST (Learning Support Teacher) at the school. I jokingly said to her "so, you'll be hearing from me soon to discuss next year". We laughed. But a conversation did follow that pleased me. It sounds like I'm going to have input on which class he's in, which teacher, etc. She also seemed very "Patrick-centric". She kept saying things like "best for him" and "your opinion on the fit". Have I mentioned how much I love this school? Obviously we'll wait and see what ACTUALLY happens next year but this definately seems like a positive start.

4 Comments:

Blogger Casdok said...

Fingers crossed that you do have some input.
Happy Birthday Patrick!!

Fri Feb 15, 11:13:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Marla said...

That is just fantastic that you have a school you are so happy with. Very good! Can't wait to see the birthday photos. I hope it was lots of fun.

Thu Feb 21, 08:21:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Maddy said...

A good school setting makes the most marvelous difference.
Best wishes

Sat Feb 23, 12:58:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Maddy said...

Nip of on over and collect your award petal.[the excellent award]
Best wishes

Sun Feb 24, 08:06:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home