It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I miss my husband. I'm doing well but I'm a bit lonely. The snow has been unbelievable and I'm having to shovel our super long country laneway with a shovel because when I pull the tractor out and give it a go I just make a big mess. So my back isn't very happy with me.

The boys are doing really well. Patrick had another dentist appointment and we had absolutely no problems whatsoever. Older brother's getting a bit lippy. He's going to be 8 though so I imagine it's the age. He's been taking over chores though, inlcuding helping with the aforementioned shovelling.

Patrick's speech has been amazing lately. Lots of sentences, lots of back and forth conversation, even talking on the phone to his dad.

The school sure expects a lot too. I have no idea how I'd keep up if I was working. Send this in for M's class, that in for Patrick's class, money for fundraisers, trips, food.....it's enough to make my head spin. It'll get worse too when Patrick's in school full time next year.

We're slowly getting ourselves into a new routine. I feel like I'm busy all the time but then nothing seems to be getting done.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Mother of an 8 year old.... sympathy!!!!... Mouthy?? Is that what they call it :) I just take away the Nintendo for a minimum of 2 hours now.

S.

Tue Feb 12, 01:58:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Casdok said...

Busy yet getting nothing done! I know that one well!
Great to hear Patrick's speach is doing well!

Wed Feb 13, 01:05:00 AM 2008  
Blogger mumkeepingsane said...

But they don't have a Nintendo to take away. I guess I could tell him he wasn't allowed to play outside for that day...but that would be punishing me! Actually, he's pretty good when I point out his mouthiness. He always appologizes.

Wed Feb 13, 06:17:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home