It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

The boys are adapting surprisingly well to our big change of schedule. Amazingly well in fact. All I can really say is that daddy is travelling for work.

Patrick is practically running his swim lessons. He is such a fish. He'll hop in the water and tell his instructor what they should do next. She's very very good with him. Allowing him to make choices but also keeping him safe. If I can keep getting the difference between group and private lessons covered I'm going to send him every quarter. He thought the indoor pool (in someone's house no less!) was fantastic. Needless to say he wants one.

We've been spending more time at the library which is a love/hate kind of thing. Patrick being quiet and choosing books can be exhausting. But I love to read and big brother is learning and needs as much encouragement as possible so...we go. It's really not that bad. No more "you have your hands full" comments since the last time.

I've been a bit cranky about my blog posts lately. I have all these half finished posts about something...therapy, adult autistics support, etc. but I can't seem to find the time to sit down and do them justice. *sigh* So I end up posting "how our day went" posts. There's nothing wrong with those of course. It's just I have more substance inside of me wanting to get out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Casdok said...

The boys do sound as though they are dpomg well. Excellent news!

Sat Feb 02, 08:08:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Marla said...

I am so glad things are going well. I know what you mean about wanting to get out other post ideas. So much to say and so little time!

Sun Feb 03, 08:02:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home