It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Monday, December 10, 2007

The tree is up! Yay! And Patrick seems to have no problems leaving it alone. He did want to pic up a bell and ring it...he asked first...then he put it back on the tree. Now that I can live with.

We got some shopping done this weekend while our respite worker watched the boys. Hubby did really well considering he's such a scrooge. Can you really blame him though? For the past 9 years he's been our sole source of income so I could stay home, first for a short period of time when the boys each were born and, eventually, because I didn't feel I could put Patrick with anyone else. So it can be tough. He's stressed and trying so hard to provide. And I have to go out and insist on buying gifts for people, some of whom aren't his favorite people (the question "what have you done for me lately" comes to mind). But he was good and it went well and now I feel bad because I can't seem to not give gifts even when we can't afford them.

There, that's the only griping I'm going to do about money. On to the joy and fun of the holidays. Last year was Patrick's first year understanding Christmas so this year I think will be super fun because he knows what's coming.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admit I probably spent more than I should have on us. I have no qualms about not spending on friends and keeping it minimal for the parents, neices and nephews.

I am also cheap and over the year if I find something on sale, I grab it then and not wait until Dec. Doesn't always work b/c this year I just bought my neice a toy and forgot about the outfit I'd bought earlier. Oh well.. price was right... it can wait for her birthday.

The little one seems to be interested in Xmas this year. Not totally certain he gets it...

Mon Dec 10, 07:39:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Maddy said...

The boys are still working on the concept of the holidays and presents - we have high hopes for this year.
Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Mon Dec 10, 12:16:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home