It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Christmas Decorating

*sigh* 'nuff said.

Ok, I'll elaborate. Christmas decorations are evil. Whoever decided that hanging sharp, throat sized, shiney, or breakable items all around a house with children in it was a good idea????

I think this year might be better. Last couple of years our tree was up for about 4 days. I had to keep stopping Patrick from climbing it.

This year will be better, I think.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

I was going to start yesterday afternoon but we ended up sorting out party favour bags for Ella! Maybe today?
Cheers
This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Thu Dec 06, 08:47:00 AM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

I decided we should make all of our decorations, which means the main danger is of finding chewed up paper things on the floor, and seeing glitter all around the twins' lips.

I assume it's okay to eat a tiny amount of glitter.

Thu Dec 06, 02:11:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Casdok said...

I havent done a tree for a few years now but am going to be brave this year!!

Fri Dec 07, 01:04:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've always had a tree. Stays up 2 weeks. When they were small the little fence blocked it and the fireplace. Last couple of years we haven't used it.

The little one likes the figurines from my village... so far this year he's moving them within the village but not chewing on them or taking them to bed.

S

Fri Dec 07, 10:03:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Marla said...

I have had that thought myself. I can't believe our puppy is leaving our tree alone!

Fri Dec 07, 11:51:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home