It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Meme

I was tagged by Maddy over at http://whittereronautism.com.


1. What were you afraid of as a child? The Dark, started when I was about 9 yrs old. Still am afraid of the dark actually.
2. When have you been most courageous? When Patrick had a seizure for the first time we were about 50 yards away and hubby took him to emergency and I thought he was dead. It felt pretty couragous to drive a car with a standard transmission all the way to the hospital when I thought my child was dead. Other than that I'm pretty yellow.
3. What sound most disturbs you? The sound Patrick makes when his airway closes at the start of a seizure.
4. What is the greatest amount of physical pain you’ve been in? Ummm, I'm not sure. Possibly the month AFTER Patrick was born. He was all of 10lbs12oz and I had some residual pain and swelling for a long time. I've been lucky in my life in regards to pain.
5. What’s your biggest fear for your children? (or children in general if you don’t have your own)That they might not reach adulthood. That when they reach adulthood they might not have long enough lives. That any life that they do have might not be as happy as it might be. I'm going to leave Maddy's answer here....because that about sums it up for me too.
6. What is the hardest physical challenge you’ve achieved? Again, I've been lucky. I can't really think of anything.
7. Which do you prefer: Mountains or oceans/big water? Definately the Ocean.
8. What is the one thing you do for yourself that helps you keep everything together? Reading.
9. Ever had a close relative or friend with cancer? No.
10. What are the things your friends count on you for? A listening ear without being judgmental, or keeping my judgments to myself.
11. What is the best part of being in a committed relationship? Knowing someone else always has your back.
12. What is the hardest part of being in a committed relationship? I think there can be a lot of hard parts but I feel pretty lucky to have an amazing partner. I bet he could answer this question though.
13. Summer or Winter? Why? Fall/Autumn.
14. Have you ever been in a school-yard fight? Why and what happened? Well it was in the school building. In high school some guy pushed me up against the wall and started harrassing me. So I hit him.
15. Why blog? Started as peer pressure. Now I do it to get thoughts out of my head.
16. Did you learn about sex, and/or sex safety from your parents? No. Hahahahahaha. My parents didn't go anywhere near that subject. I guess I picked up the basics from health class and learned the rest with practice.
17. How do you plan to talk to your kids about sex and/or sex safety? On thing at a time, in an age appropriate manner. I've been waiting for older brother to ask the questions and I try to answer them. I've been into midwifery and women's issues for a long time, so they both know about pregnancy and breastfeeding. As for mechanics, oi, we'll see as we go. I plan to be honest and matter-of-fact about it.
18. What are you most thankful for this year?This year? As in 2007, or this year as in the last 12 months? I'm most thankful for teachers and Educational assistants. It's been a good year with school for both boys.

Ok, who to tag??? I don't have very many readers, so how about if you havn't done it yet and you want to, go for it! Oh, and let me know so I can come read it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Casdok said...

Excellent answers! :)

Thu Nov 22, 08:02:00 AM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

The photos of the snow are beautiful. Your meme answers are great. I feel awful thinking of you trying to do anything when you think your son had died. You have certainly been through a lot. I'm glad this has been a good year.

Thu Nov 22, 02:10:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo how productive you are! It's funny but of all the people who have done it so far, everyone's answer to number five is more or less the same.

As for num 16 --- keep practicing.
Cheers

Thu Nov 22, 04:01:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Marla said...

Very interesting read. I wonder what makes some people prefer oceans and others mountains?

Thu Nov 22, 05:47:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Casdok said...

Oh and i am going to do this on my blog on monday!!!

Fri Nov 23, 06:05:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Casdok said...

Oops sorry i forgot!!!

Mon Nov 26, 01:31:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home