It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween Day

So, Halloween was awesome. First year for a tantrum free, incident free, happy happy Halloween.

He didn't always remember to say "trick or treat" because he was busy squeaking like a bat. He almost gave an older fellow a heart attack. So then we convinced him he was a nice bat not a scary bat and he told EVERYBODY that. He always remembered his thank you and didn't enter any homes. Then when we left he would say "Have a Halloween day". It was super cute.

I've only let them eat one piece of candy. They're annoyed but that's just tough. We only go to about 20 houses. Wait till they figure out that other kids hit 100 or so in a night.

So, success. Feels good. But I can't rest on my laurels. Taking a long drive with them this weekend. Gotta prepare.

4 Comments:

Blogger Casdok said...

I can just imagine your squeeking bat!!
Good luck at the weekend!

Thu Nov 01, 07:00:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little one actually wore his costume. His Dad said he wasn't impressed with the "trick or treat" part but he didn't come home in tears.

They went to 6 houses. Mostly family.

I posted their pics

S.

Thu Nov 01, 07:34:00 AM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

That's great. I like the "Have a Halloween day" part. I bet he was adorable.

We went to about seven houses I think!

Thu Nov 01, 10:08:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Marla said...

Too cute! I am glad it went so well.

Tue Nov 06, 07:40:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home