It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Vision and Clarity

I'm off to get contact lenses today. Every couple of years I buy 6 months worth and wear them occasionally. On a daily basis I just can't be fussed but sometimes when I go out I like to ditch the glasses.

Thinking of this today reminded me of the time Patrick broke my glasses. I was really angry. Glasses are so expensive. He didn't just crack the frame, he broke a lense too. I was so, so, upset. Obviously we found a way to replace them. It was all my fault too, I had left them out instead of putting them away when I put my contacts in.

It took me a few days to get perspective on this incident. He didn't set out to break them. He wasn't trying to hurt me or make me angry.

I probably won't express this properly but I'm going to try. This was the end of my anger. I don't get angry AT him any more. It's like a switch flipped. I used to get angry all the time without being able to moderate myself. Slights were seen where they didn't exist. Everything the boys did they were doing "to me". Then after this incident....no more. I like the new me much better.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a much better spot to be in isn't it. I've broken so many pairs of glasses that I've had to dig out an old pair that I had tucked away [about 3 prescriptions behind!]
Cheers

Fri Sep 28, 04:22:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Casdok said...

Well done!
Soory about the glassess though.

Sat Sep 29, 04:02:00 AM 2007  
Blogger kristina said...

I on the other hand have been losing one contact lense a year for several years!

Sat Oct 06, 10:11:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home