It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Cleaning

I'm trying to figure out how to keep a clean house. Or I should say how to keep a house clean. I've been toying with the idea of hiring someone to do some cleaning. Everyone keeps saying I deserve the help, I do have some funding I can use because it's so hard to get workers out here, and I'd love to have a clean house (hubby is a clean freak but has learned to deal since we had Patrick). But, and this might be just me, I feel wierd having a stranger do the cleaning for me. Especially since I'm at home right now. And it feels wierd letting a stranger look at all my stuff. And I'd have to de-clutter before she came every time.

Part of the problem is I KNOW some of it is laziness. Yes, I'm tired. Yes, I'm stressed. But if I had to be perfectly honest with myself some days I just don't feel like cleaning...so I don't.

Anyway, trying to decide.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My house is not clean. I was given a piece of advice by a woman from my inlaws church... she's in her 70's now.

Keep your bathroom and kitchen clean. Winter will come to get the rest. Children's toys is not dirt. And children grow quickly, there will be lots of days you'll have nothing else to do.

S.

Fri Aug 24, 10:07:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Niksmom said...

Mum, I totally relate to this! God bless my husband for being able to relax his standards A LOT since Nik came along! Our little house is overrun with little clothes, toys, medical supplies, etc. There are days I just walk through the room and pretend I don't see it! THen, there are other days when I get up the energy to go on a cleaning binge...probably why I get so tired of cleaning! THose days it feels like that's all I do. If you find any great tips please pass them along! :-)

Sat Aug 25, 10:27:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home