It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Socials

We're going to a family BBQ tomorrow. This is at a location that Patrick has been to before but never for this kind of function. Oh, and it might rain.

I'm happy to see everyone. I'm trying really hard not to be a spoilsport. I'm planning and packing and thinking. What I really need to do is relax.

The plan is to take the kids to a museum and let them run off some steam. Don't worry, it is a kids museum. Then we'll head over and see how it goes.

I'm making myself one promise. When I'm done...when I'm ready to go home...when our fun is coming to an end...we're leaving. No appologies, no feeling bad, no letting myself get so stressed that I'm happy to see the open road ahead. We'll stay while we can and then we'll leave. Simple, right?

*mental note to bring with me, even though it might be rude, the one brand of hot dogs that Patrick does not immediately vomit.*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always pack something for the little one to eat (both when the eldest was more fussy). Even just a couple of cereal bars and some cheerios. A fav cup and juice. Easy to pack and carry.

Take a fav book or quiet toy for when it becomes chaotic and you're all set.

No worries.

S.

Sat Aug 11, 12:46:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Niksmom said...

Sounds like you are prepared. Now, deep breath...relax. :-)
BTW, it's not rude to bring something your child will tolerate; it's a way of making him feel more included AND not grossing everyone out if he hurls the other stuff! ;-)If anyone gives you a hard time, tell them you did it to "protect their delicate sensibilities!" LOL

Sat Aug 11, 02:49:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Hope it went well. I hope you left when you felt it was time. I know what you're talking about.
I hope people are more aware of special dietary needs these days! I mean, there are a lot of reasons for them. vegan, atkins, diabetic, GFCF, etc. I hope no one would be offended.

Tue Aug 14, 11:47:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home