It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Weaning

Yep, you read that right. Except this isn't a post about breastfeeding or sippy cups.

We're weaning Patrick off his seizure meds this summer. Yay (and OMG my nerves).

His EEg wasn't completely normal, but there was no seizure activity. I think the two spikes she mentioned could have been when he spoke or when I had to hold his arms because he wanted out of there.

I hope my nerves can handle this. If he has a seizure we put him right back on the meds.

His only restriction is on swimming. He can still take his lessons next week but we're to have my eyes on him at all times. I guess the biggest seizure danger is drowning. Oh, and supervision in the bathtub....well we still do that with him because of the whole impulse thing. I think she kind of gave me a lecture. Well she said "at this age they can be left alone for a short period of time". I just said "well, not him yet" and we left. But I know she's right. Oh well, constant supervision this summer anyway.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

The 'constant supervision' thing really is 'constant supervision' - maybe that why we're all a bit tired. I'll be thinking of you!

p.s. my 'Joey post' was an extra.

I have a more jolly one. actually let me email you. Where is your email.
Cheers

Thu Jul 12, 05:41:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Maddy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Jul 12, 05:43:00 AM 2007  
Blogger mumkeepingsane said...

Ok, so I bookmarked the new url and then deleted the comment (was that right?)

You can email me anytime. My 'name' is blissfulmama and it's a hotmail dot com address. Hope that makes sense since I can't type it out because of spam and stuff.

Thu Jul 12, 09:57:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just about to post you a note and ask how your summer is going.

Sounds busy. Next week my teenager is coming and we're going to attempt to toilet train the little one... if only there was a way to snap your fingers and it would all be over.

S.

Thu Jul 12, 12:29:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home