It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Translations

I'm a teddy bear = hug me tight
Can I love a cookie = Can I have a cookie (love often means have but not always)
I don't want = no (it's funny that he uses more words rather than less but there it is)
You meet me = it's your day to volonteer at school
uuuuaaaaagghh = I can no longer talk to you so please leave me alone
*series of loud grunts* = I am mad at you and will continue to do this until I'm ready to stop
Can I go outside = I already have my shoes on, I'm halfway out the door and I have my bike helmet on

I dunno why I wanted to blog some of these. He's just so darn cute sometimes and I'm starting to be proud of my ability to translate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma and Grandpa white house
Grandma and Grandpa orange house

Were some of ours with our eldest. He now talks fluently but these were a couple of his when he was in Jk/SK.

I use to have to write down where we'd been and some of the words he used, in his daybook, so they could decode it at school.

S.

Tue May 15, 08:03:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home