It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Unplugged

I'm going offline for the summer although I'm debating about still allowing myself a certain amount of time each week for my blog. I think I'd really miss coming here and writing my thoughts.

I'm planning out our summer to make it as successful as possible. Both boys have some school stuff to focus on. Older brother is going to need some comprehensive reading help to get him up to grade level by fall. He's doing fine, there's nothing wrong, he just happens to be a late reader and might need a bit of my help to get on his way. We'll do writing as well since they go hand in hand.

Patrick's summer program mostly consists of coloring pictures with crayons and practicing his printing.

Swimming lessons for both.

Mostly though, we're just planning to play sports, ride our bikes, go to the library, visit museums, eat out some and hang out together as a family (well, dad will be at work during the day).

Happy Father's Day to all fathers (with a special hug to autism fathers).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I consider my blogging and internet time as "me" time. Time I need for me and I'm entitled to it.

Not that there won't be lessons taught and camps attended.

Which is why I'm always surprised that those who use the net and enjoy it, is the first thing to go.

Come visit the blog or email me if you get the chance.

Mon Jun 18, 06:16:00 AM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

We'll miss you, but you sound like you'll be busy enough as it is!

Mon Jun 18, 12:52:00 PM 2007  
Blogger mumkeepingsane said...

It's honestly not that it's the first thing to go. I don't want to be online for a while. I find I allow myself to get a bit caught up with reading online and don't do other things I'd also like to do.

It's not a sacrifice. I'm going to take other "me" time over the summer. I think I may just be a bit tired of electronics in general.

We actually won't be that busy this summer. If I wanted to I could probably be online all day...lol.

Tue Jun 19, 07:18:00 AM 2007  
Blogger mumkeepingsane said...

Oh, and I will visit a few favorite blogs (yours included) and probably check my email a couple of times over the summer. I just find it easier if I tell everyone I won't be online.

Tue Jun 19, 07:20:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Maddy said...

June! Sounds like you're still pretty busy!

Best wishes

Tue Jul 10, 05:55:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home