It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Is it really possible?

I'm bored! Well, that never happens. I guess I should go enjoy it.

The boys are watching a movie, together. Huh?

I don't even know what to write about. Sometimes I get tired of identifying everything with autism. It's interesting, I'm sure, to hear me explain to friends and family that Patrick is being naughty in a particular situation, not because he's autistic but, because he's 5 years old!

Sometimes I don't even tell people Patrick's autistic because I don't want to see that pitying look on their faces and hear "oh, I'm so sorry". Cause you know then I'll have to tell them why they shouldn't be sorry for us. About how wonderful life can be with a special little guy like Patrick. How I've grown as a mom and a person because of him. How happy and productive his little life is and will be in the future.

Ok, off to find something interesting to do to. Alternatively I suppose I could wait 5 minutes for the boys to liven life up for me. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger mjsuperfan said...

Hope you did something fun with your moment of quiet!

Thu May 31, 08:43:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which is why I refused to do a full blog "on the spectrum" b/c there's more to life than ASD.

You could always email me :)

S.

Fri Jun 01, 04:16:00 AM 2007  
Blogger mumkeepingsane said...

*insert expletive here*

I keep meaning to email you.

Fri Jun 01, 05:29:00 AM 2007  
Blogger A Bishops Wife said...

I linked here from "Whose Planet Is It Anyway".

I have a little one who will be 6 in July. He is Autistic. I often blog about Junior or my "boarderliner" Noddy. However, I blog about STUFF too. Stuff matters.

For me/us...Junior is Junior. Our lives are centered around family. Junior is Autistic but I agree with you, that is not how we identify ourselves or him.

Tue Jun 05, 07:29:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Maddy said...

Free moments! Things are on the up!
Cheers

Fri Jun 08, 01:44:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

life is so much fuller and loving with a "special little guy" or in my case "special little guy and girl" in our lives. Have a good summer

Wed Jun 13, 06:52:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home