It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summertime

Decisions. Life is full of them. And every single one of them feels, at the moment, like the most important one you'll ever make. In restrospect, of course, we realize it wasn't that big of a deal. But at the time.....

To schedule or not to schedule; That is the question.

So far the only thing I've arranged for this summer is swim lessons. We'll also be taking a week long holiday in the maritimes. Otherwise, I've planned nothing.

Camps? Busy work? More Therapies?

I really don't know what to do. I don't know what I want to do. I like just hanging out with my kids but is that ok for them? I can picture a summer of playing in the park, sports in the front yard, swimming at the pool, visiting museums.....but is that good for them? Beats me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to attempt to keep them home more this year. I've sent them out on opposite days to daycares, same days, camps etc.

It's still one of those things that you can handle... as for being right... who knows... I'm learning that right for me isn't necessarily right for someone else.

S.

Tue May 29, 08:23:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home