It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Monday, September 03, 2007

School's in

It's here. Tomorrow morning the bus comes to take older brother away. I have talked with Patrick several times about the fact that he does NOT start tomorrow. He starts on some far away day called friday. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Older brother (going in to grade 2) gets up himself, dresses himself and makes his own breakfast. Basically I have to watch the clock and send him out the door at the right time. I don't know what that time is though because the bus driver never called (and they normally do). Well, I know around what time he gets picked up so...I'm sure it'll be fine.

Friday will be awesome. Older brother will go in the morning and Patrick will board the bus after lunch. Obviously I need to have the meeting with the school first. I havn't heard from the principal yet. She's normally pretty good about remembering meetings and stuff but I told hubby that if I don't hear from her I'll just show up Friday after Patrick gets on the bus. I won't allow him in school until I've spoken with her, the LST and the teachers.

So, backpacks are packed, shoes are bought, supplies bought and packed....it's such an exciting time of year. I have lots of hopes and few worries. I hope Matthew gets a good teacher who can help him catch up in reading. I hope some of his more mature friends are in his class (he's always placed with kids who he can be a good example for, hubby thinks that's unfair to him). I hope Patrick gets the same EA as last year. I hope he doesn't have seizures at school.

My worries are pretty small. I am very lucky.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that the gaps in their different schedules drove the little ones nuts, even though I had a schedule board to help them understand who was where and what they were doing - actually maybe that was to help me keep it straight as to who was where and when and doing what!
Best wishes

Mon Sep 03, 05:54:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They go half days and still take the bus?? Mine went every other full-days.

I have 2 buses coming to my door tomorrow. Both are gone full time. I'm not certain about the spec. ed. one. Is it the original time or the earlier one??? We'll be ready by 8 and just need our shoes on. Eldest leaves at 8:35 on his bus.

My little one had no trouble on which days were his. He seemed to pick it up quick.

Have a good week.

S.

Mon Sep 03, 06:03:00 PM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

Wow, I missed a lot on your blog!

I'd love to go to PEI sometime.

I've always liked "back to school" time. Especially the weather getting cooler, and leaves starting to turn.

Hope both your boys get a great start!

Tue Sep 04, 12:23:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home