It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Keep meaning to update

Patrick's first day went really well. I even got in to meet with the principal, LST, teachers and EA the morning before he started. We're all on the same page re: seizures and things seem to be set up same as last year re: autism stuff. I like the new LST. She's planning to do some 1 on 1 work with Patrick. She was amazed he was so verbal though and I'm afraid I'll eventually hear the "high functioning" words...which I hate and really don't apply. His deficits just don't happen to have a lot to do with speech (although language is still a problem, mostly receptive). So I think we'll meet to discuss his diagnosis, how he's changed, who he is, etc. I think she needs some background on him since she's new to the school.

Anyhoo, I have first day pics but I'm in a hurry. Dh and I are off for an afternoon alone. I promise to write a lot tomorrow since I'll have some hours alone while the boys are at school (a total of 3.5 hours...I'll probably clean *groan*)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My eldest lost his echolalia during the summer before SK - well down to understandable - and the EA went as well.

S.

Sun Sep 09, 10:35:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Casdok said...

Clean! Yes you proberly will!!!

Sun Sep 09, 12:49:00 PM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

Oh, give yourself a few self-indulgent days...the dirt will still be there waiting for you.

Glad it's going well so far!

Sun Sep 09, 02:38:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, three and a half hours to clean when there are no little feet to clean around!
Cheers

Mon Sep 10, 07:54:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home