It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Giving of Thanks

It's often automatic. Someone gives you something, you say "thank you". Our kids are very well trained in this. And please don't get me wrong. I think politeness and manners are important. But my question is this...are we really thankful?

Am I thankful for my children? For what they bring into my life? Am I thankful for my husband and all the things he does for me? Am I thankful that I have breath in my lungs and a beating heart in my chest? Am I thankful for the rain? The snow? Disability? Death? Pain?

This weekend I'm going to ponder these things. I'm going to take a few moments when I can and consider what being thankful really is. And how we achieve it. And how we should express it. What should we be thankful for?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot complain except when my parents inform me that they are doing an "adults only weekend" yet they were camping for 2 weeks in Sept. They are just down the road at Long pt but have only a small amount of time to spend with us on Sun???

Which makes me thankful for the family I have made - dh and boys - who love me.

S.

Fri Oct 05, 04:24:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Casdok said...

Very deep!
I will be interested to hear what you come up with.

Sat Oct 06, 01:58:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Bonnie said...

When I stop and look at the things I am thankful for, it helps my stress level immensely.

Sat Oct 06, 01:20:00 PM 2007  
Blogger kristina said...

Myself, am thanksful to be here and more or less in one piece! With my boy and Jim, of course. Let us know what you come up with---

Sat Oct 06, 10:10:00 PM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

I am thankful for all the times each day that my boys make me laugh. It helps me keep my worrying and rushing around in perspective.

Sun Oct 07, 12:56:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Club 166 said...

...Disability? Death? Pain?

Ah, yes. It's relatively easy to sit back and remember to be thankful for the good things. Much harder to do the same for the unpleasant bits.

Joe

Sun Oct 07, 08:39:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home