It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Withdrawal

So, Patrick takes his last anti-seizure pill tonight. Perhaps this would be a good time for me to start taking anti-anxiety meds? I'm kidding...kind of.

The school seems calm about the possibility of seizures. We've put as many preventative measures in place to make sure if he does have one he'll be safe. I've seen enough seizures by now to not be phased by him having one while home with me.

It seems to be a much bigger thing though. I keep thinking about his future. If he has more seizures he'll probably be on the meds long term. The side effects are scary (if you want to know about them, google phenobarbital) and I hate meds. If he doesn't have any more seizures I'll be a walking maniac at least until a year goes by seizure free. Then I can relax.

Deep Breath. I know it'll be fine and that we can handle whatever happens. It helps to vent it all here. I think this might be part of the reason Autism isn't such a big deal in the Grand Scheme of things. Seizures are much scarier!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a pity more people don't share our perspective. Seizures v autism, the former is so scary, autism just 'is.'
Best wishes

Tue Oct 02, 02:10:00 PM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's it going??

S.

Tue Oct 02, 05:54:00 PM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

I'll be thinking of you!

Tue Oct 02, 09:17:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Casdok said...

Good point!
I know it well.

Wed Oct 03, 11:08:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home