It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Still thinking

I'm still planning to write about being thankful. I havn't forgotten but I just don't have the post fully formed yet. I will say that I've decided I'm definately happier when I'm thankful for everything....even the tough stuff. More on this at a later date.

Yesterday was a surprising day. We went on a school field trip with no incident. I didn't think I'd have a lot of fun but I did. Patrick always has fun. Then in the evening we went to the fire hall. He was so happy and excited. I was really proud at the self-restraint he showed at not touching everything. The firefighters were fabulous with the kids. They really seemed to enjoy showing them everything and answering their questions.

I'm frustrated that the highlight of my week is grocery shopping alone. There are times when hubby and I go out on dates and those are fun but I really think I need something fun to do alone. I havn't found that something yet but I'm planning to spend some serious time looking. Soon. Soon as I get some serious time.

I've always wanted to paint...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still having trouble with "me" time. It if wasn't for my lists that prove I've done something... I need to learn to do something for me.

We'll see how stamping goes with a friend of mine.

S.

Thu Oct 11, 10:58:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Casdok said...

Get that paint brush out!

Fri Oct 12, 04:38:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playtime for mummies is very important. Can you remember what you used to do and enjoy before all this?
Best wishes

Fri Oct 12, 11:08:00 AM 2007  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

Painting sounds like a good change of pace.

When you think of grocery shopping alone as a treat (which I do!), I think it means you need a "room of one's own", as Virginia Woolf would say. Even if it's not a literal room, at least a block of time and a pursuit that is just yours.

Fri Oct 12, 08:01:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home