It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Monday, July 06, 2009

Bits and Bobs

The fish experiment had...mixed results. Dad and Older Brother ate it up no problem. Mum, through sheer force of will, made it through to the last couple of bites. Patrick, well, he tried his best and ended up eating everything else on his plate followed by a few bites of the fish that, to him anyway, was "disgusting". Ah well, a different recipe next week.

Patrick's having a new respite/special needs worker over today. He's met him in passing at school and seems to think he's ok. I'm hoping this works out so I'll have two people to call upon instead of our (one and only and fantastic) regular person. Sometimes rural living makes things much more difficult...although I wouldn't trade it for anything.

We're planning a week at the cottage in August sometime. Hmmm, I'm thinking much preparation and anticipation of possible issues will have to happen between now and then.

We had a fabulous vacation in Prince Edward Island last month. Still don't have those pictures on my computer or printed. *sigh* Who has the time?

2 Comments:

Blogger farmwifetwo said...

My teenager told me she could be here one more week last Thurs but that was all. To say I was upset is the understatement and as soon as I got home from town I wrote her cheque, drove her home, and fired her.

I have a new person coming this afternoon.

I can manage without a sitter during the summer. I have adults that I can send the kids too. But she was to go with the little one to programs... She asked for a job, she promised to be here... but she wants to go travelling instead.....

Hopefully, this one will work for the summer.

Mon Jul 06, 05:55:00 AM 2009  
Blogger mumkeepingsane said...

That's awful. Summer is my worst time and I'm really hoping this new guy works out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for yours as well.

Mon Jul 06, 07:32:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home