It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Friday, May 08, 2009

Good Days

For the first time ever Patrick has agreed with me when I've told him he had a good day. He'll often say his day was "come-ci, come-ca" and give one thumb up and one thumb down.

My poor little fella is such a perfectionist. If he makes even one little tiny mistake (which of course you and I know that "normal" children make those mistakes all the time) he thinks it was a bad day and he feels really bad about himself. But this week he had three really good days in a row and finally today he admitted to me that they were good days. Woohoo.

Another milestone for us. He went on a field trip with his school on Wednesday...without me! It went really well and all of us are really proud of him.

I've realized it's been ages since I've posted a pic of my cute little guy. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home