It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Unforgiving

"I don't accept their apology" he says loudly. "It was purpose."

How many times he's complained that the other children don't believe when he does things "by accident" and yet he's so unforgiving.

He's also turned into quite the little police officer. And he's loud and confrontational about it.

"HARVEY! WHY ARE YOU SITTING? STANDING FOR O CANADA!"

"BRIANNA! YOU SHOULDN'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH, IT'S GERMS!"

You get the idea.

We are patiently trying to explain to him that he's only responsible for himself. But how to get that message accross when half his class are little tattletales and he's often the target?

And I don't even think I want to get started on how loud and upset he gets if someone 'butts' in line ahead of him or takes his spot...

1 Comments:

Blogger Club 166 said...

He's also turned into quite the little police officer.Ah, yes, we have a little "enforcer", too. And doing so at school gets him labeled as a tattletale, as it seems it's quite hard for him to discern the difference between things that really need to be called to someone else's attention, and things that should be let go.

As to "Oh, Canada", I remember being somewhere in Canada when I was young and them playing "Oh, Canada" at some function, and me thinking "Why are they playing My Country Tis of Thee?"

Joe

Thu May 07, 05:53:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home