It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

On the first day of first grade...

Mommy had a major meltdown.

Familiar Bus driver...check.
Designated bus seating...check.
Lunch packed, previewed, and discussed...check.
Backpack bursting with school supplies and indoor sneakers...check.
A million talks about what to expect...check.
EA to meet him at the bus and take him through the day...check.

I was so nervous I didn't even take pictures. He hopped on the bus like he's been going to grade 1 his whole life; blowing kisses through the window as the big yellow machine took my baby off to independance. *sigh*

I cleaned windows today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

You must be so proud; both your boys are growing up and heading out into the world. :)

Wed Sep 03, 04:08:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Maddy said...

Gosh! There's a surprise. I was going to say 'no pain, no gain,' but clearly you've got it all wrapped up!

Cheers

Wed Sep 03, 12:31:00 PM 2008  
Blogger mjsuperfan said...

Wow, that sounds very smooth! Isn't it strange to be in a quiet house?

Wed Sep 03, 07:51:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it went well. It is always strange to have that time alone in the house! I am sooooo looking forward to that!

Thu Sep 04, 07:29:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home