It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Friday, August 25, 2006

A bit overwhealmed

A whole bunch of things came to a head today and I'm feeling a bit unprepared. Some funding stuff I have to figure out, a neurologist appointment for Patrick which always makes me nervous, a party coming up for which I have to clean the whole house and prepare all the food for. You get the idea.

Nothing's really that big of a deal in and of itself. But for some reason my brain feels like it has cotton stuffed in it and I'm having trouble concentrating. I dunno, I'm probably just tired a a bit worn down. Needless to say everything will work itself out and by next week my stress level will have returned to normal.

Patrick had a tantrum leaving the pool yesterday and I was HAPPY about it. Yes, you heard me correctly. Because he knew lessons were over. He got the concept. While I was dragging his poor miserable soul to the truck I was grinning inside. He understood. Yay for us! It also made me remember the first time that Patrick cried because we said something to him he didn't like. We hurt his feelings. It's hard to watch them get upset but my hubby and I were so happy that he had feelings to hurt kwim? Progress is amazing to watch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I have been in a sort of funk all week. I just can't seem to get organized. I did accomplish more today though. I'm sure your party will go off without a hitch, don't be too tired to enjoy it!! It is good that Patrick is processing his swim lessons ending-it is hard to watch of course- but his reaction is typical and appropriate.

Fri Aug 25, 01:38:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home