It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Friday, August 11, 2006

various ramblings

Patrick and I are home alone today. His older brother is away with family for the weekend. I won't go into how sad it can be for me that they easily take his brother and don't ask for him. I KNOW in my brain that he's hearder to take care of, that it isn't a visit as much as babysitting etc but in my heart it still stings a bit.

I love being home alone with Patrick. We talk so much and he's so loving with me. Tonight it'll be just him, daddy and myself and that will be nice to. I want to do something nice with him....maybe rent a movie or go to the park?

I'm so anxious about kindergarten. I'm sure I've blogged about this before. He has to share an aid and I just don't think that's good. But with budget constraints I can't see them ever giving in and finding his own teacher's aid. I want him to go back to preschool and we're on the waiting list for that. He qualified at the end of last year for an integrated support person but they're only in preschool. It's also only 12 kids instead of 22-24. *sigh* Hubby keeps telling me it'll all work out no matter what happens and to have faith in Patrick but man it's hard. We also disagree on if it's worth it to pay for preschool annother year (three mornings or afternoons a week) when kindy is available and it's free. I see lots more discussions on this topic in my future.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I share your concerns about Kindergarten. The Amazon.com box arrived today with four books about starting school for Littleman. I read them to him and he listened intently. I looked up a moment later to see him trying to put them in the garbage can!! He still is firmly against the whole school gig.
He will also be "sharing" an aide in the classroom.

Mon Aug 14, 02:47:00 PM 2006  
Blogger mumkeepingsane said...

Sounds like we're having a similar issue in regards to the aid. In our case, Patrick is a flight risk and really needs eyes on him 100% at least for the first few months (and perhaps longer). I am putting it in writing to cover my butt in case they lose him. *sigh*

Mon Aug 14, 03:09:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many of us ASD bloggers have kids going into Kindergarten this year.

I will cross my fingers that the transition goes well. It is hard to put trust in the unknown, both for you and for Patrick. (And of course I am following Littleman & Tara's story as well.)

Wed Aug 16, 11:20:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home