It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Swim Lessons-three days in

Patrick swims like a fish. Matthew sinks like a rock.

They're both doing well though and having a good time. I'm in the pool with Patrick but that's working out ok. The teacher takes him for his "turn" and then when a typical child would be hanging out on the steps waiting Patrick is being chased by me. He's seriously swimming whenever he can get away from us even though he's in the first level and is only supposed to be floating etc. He might even be learning not to drown himself. Which of course was the whole idea.

I almost didn't sign them up because honestly I dreaded having to go in the pool every day with Patrick and also having to deal with them each waiting for their lesson since they're not at the same time. But so far things are cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

You are a good Mom to help with the swimming lessons for your boys. I didn't want to have to climb into the pool with Littleman either, so my husband took over swimming lesson duty.
I'm glad Patrick enjoys it!

Thu Aug 17, 08:02:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home