It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Proud Momma

Patrick went to school today. Four kids, two teachers and an aide. He took the bus by himself at lunch time. Got to school. Spent the Afternoon. Took the bus home.

Not bad for one day's work. *grin*

Monday will be his first real day of school. 17 kids, one of the teachers (they alternate days) and an aide.

I'm so proud of him (and me since I didn't follow the bus in my truck or sit outside the school all afternoon) that we're going out for chinese food when daddy gets home from work.

Disclaimer: I will most likely end up sitting outside the school monday reading a book. I'm brave but I'm not that brave. I however will not worry about the bus anymore (she says to herself most of all) since it looks like he did well today staying in his seat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite our recent difficulties with Owen's school, he is doing great and it is nice that Patrick is doing so well too!!
These kids surprise us, over and over, and rise to the occasion.
Here's to a great school year!

Wed Sep 13, 07:08:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home