It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Ducks in a row

Things are starting to feel a little more in order lately. By the end of the month I think I may even be able to take a big breath and relax a bit.

Patrick starts school for real on Monday. He's excited and I'm excited. I even got invited for tea with a mom whose daughter went to preschool with Patrick and will also be in his kindy class. She understands his issues and how I might feel about trusting him to school. She's a sweet person and may turn out to be a great support and friend.

We just increased his epilepsy medication because of rapid weight gain this summer. At the end of the month I have an appointment with his pediatrician. She sort of co-ordinates all his care. Neurologist, therapists, general health etc. We meet every few months (sans children) to discuss how things are going and any concerns I may have. I'm hoping to have good news for her in regards to how school is going since it will be well underway by then and we should have an idea if this is actually going to work.

Oh, and this is our new theme song. "The Patrick on the bus sits in his seat, in his seat, in his seat. The Patrick on the bus sits in his seat....aaaaaall the way to school!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Hi Leanne! I didn't know you had a blog. Good to see you here. :)

I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to meet up while I was home. I must admit that I was very lax in my friend calling. I was thinking of you; however.

Sat Sep 16, 03:38:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Oops. I just saw your first post about being anonymous. I promise to try not to reveal any personal info.

Sat Sep 16, 03:42:00 AM 2006  
Blogger mumkeepingsane said...

Hey there! We knew you were busy and were thinking of you too.

Sat Sep 16, 01:19:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck to Patrick with his first day of school- Owen begins staying all day on Monday. Great theme song!!

Sun Sep 17, 01:39:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home