It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Reactions

Patrick has been very difficult after school the past couple of days. All reports have been good from the school. So is he reacting to being good all afternoon by exploding every evening? There's a one to two hour period after school where he's cranky, growling, crying and basically unhappy. What should I do? Maybe he just needs some time to adjust?? It's only been 4 days.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and I are living the same life right now with the after-school growling. Owen is out of sorts, argumentative, crying, the whole deal for a few hours every day after school. It has been three weeks, no end in sight. I keep waiting for the school to see some of what we are experiencing at home.
A little bit of Owen's temperament is beginning to show through, but no bad reports from the school yet.
I guess we just need to hang on and ride this out!!

Fri Sep 22, 06:36:00 AM 2006  
Blogger mumkeepingsane said...

Thanks Tara, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I hope the kinks get worked out for both of us soon.

Fri Sep 22, 10:18:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Daisy said...

Isnt' it the truth? He works so hard to keep it together at school, and then comes home and lets go. He knows he's loved no matter what; he can collapse at home.

Sun Sep 24, 05:34:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home