It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So glad he's happy

Have not been sure what to write lately.

Patrick's first real day of school went well by all accounts. He sat for the most part on the bus both directions and his time in the classroom was without any big incidents. Setting up a meeting for an IPRC (psychologist was in the classroom yesterday) and then an IEP will be next.

He came home from school happy which was the most I could have asked for. I want the teachers to have a good year too but Patrick's happiness is first in my books. He even told me some of the things he did in the classroom.

Still looking for a respite worker. I'm getting closer to finding one though. One of the few drawbacks of living in the middle of nowhere. I am looking foreward to the precious time I'm going to have all by myself while Patrick is at school (half days). Maybe I'll even get more time to blog. It's amazing how us moms sometimes feel guilty for doing anything for ourselves. I'm learning to get over it! *grin*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you must get used to the idea of setting aside some time for yourself to do something you enjoy- NOT HOUSEWORK!! Or yucky PAPERWORK!
I am just as guilty- I spend my free time now, doing laundry or baking and not indulging myself for even an hour in something fun.
I think we have been conditioned to be on duty all the time and when we get a break, we are at a loss as to what to do.
Think of something you enjoy, and promise yourself to do it!!

Tue Sep 19, 02:41:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home