It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Keeping up

They grow so quickly. Their needs change. I'm finding really difficult to keep up. It seems I'm often saying "he won't be able to do that" or "how can you expect that of him" only to soon realize that he's past that stumbling block and I'm still there.

I've been missing in action mostly because of school stuff. Nothing bad but some fine tuning that's going on is taking much of my time and attention.

He's six years old and almost as tall as his grandmother. And yesterday he told me that when he's too big to sit on my lap (which will be a sad day and sooner than we both think) then he'll let me sit on his. :) Sweetness personified.

Rememberance Day was a difficult one to explain. I'm not sure we ever got to a satisfactory place with that one. Oh well, there's always next year.

Other than that things are kinda ho-hum around here. I'm not complaining though. We're just kinda moving along at a steady pace.

Oh, we had a play date with another boy on the spectrum this week. Ironically, it was a play date for older brother. But the boys included Patrick in many of their games and they all seemed to have a great time together. Making friends is always nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Niksmom said...

It's always nice to read your updates. :-) I can totally relate to things moving so quickly! Hard to believe how dast they grow, yes?

Sending warm wishes your way. :-)

Mon Nov 24, 06:01:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maizie is too big to sit on my lap but she often insists anyway. Cracks me up. Time does go by fast!

Mon Nov 24, 07:17:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home